1. Set up a savings account. It is important to identify savings as such. Separate the money you use for daily expenses and bills from the money that you intend to save.
2. Try starting with a $25/month automatic withdrawal. If $25 is too much, try starting with $10 per pay period.
1. Take account of your exact monthly income.
2. Make a budget
3. Keep a record of all of your expenses. Necessities/luxuries
4. Keep a record of payment due dates.
5. Subtract your expenses from your income. Remaining income can be allocated to savings/investments.
6. Take action and watch your savings add up.
1. Identify your debt, work on paying it off.
2. Eliminate your unnecessary expenses.
3. Take advantage of credit card rewards points, 401K employer contribution/ matching, commuter benifits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and more.
4. Stick to your budget.
Credit is the ability of a customer to obtain goods or services before payment, based on the trust that payment will be made in the future.
Debt is generally in the form of money, goods, or services owed by and individual or organization. The person or organization owing these amounts are known as the debtor or borrower.
You can go to the site of the credit card you are interested in and apply for a credit card.
Tip: Before you apply for a credit card check for pre-qualified offers through that company. This will let you know if you have met some pre-qualification standards and whether or not you are likely to be approved for a line of credit with that company. Not all credit card companies offer the option to check for pre-qualified offers. Capital One, Chase and American Express are among the companies that do.
A credit score is a numerical expression based on a level analysis of a person's credit files, to represent the creditworthiness of an individual... Lenders use credit scores to determine who qualifies for a loan, at what interest rate, and what credit limits.
Generally 700 and higher (on a scale of 300 to 850) is considered good.
Sign up to hear from us about financial wellness tips, sales, and events.